Introduction to Tableau with Gemini Enterprise
It is assumed you have already ingested multiple data sources into Autonomous Data Cloud(ADC), using our Zero-copy Data Virtualization technology. You now have access to all your relevant data, allowing Business and Data Analysts a deep dive into Business Intelligence projects.
Tableau is one such visualization tool used extensively for Business Intelligence. It helps to simplify raw data into an easily understandable format. Data analysis will be faster with familiar tools such as this. We can connect Tableau to ADC, allowing speedy access to create visualizations in the form of dashboards and worksheets.
Connecting Tableau to ADC
- It is assumed that you already have Tableau installed at your Workstation, but if you need to obtain the software, please refer to their website.
- Connect to ADC using the ‘Add a Connection’ page in Tableau, navigate to the ‘To a Server’ menu and select the ‘More…’ option.
- Locate and choose the ‘Spark SQL’ option.
- At the ‘Connect’ splash screen, Enter the IP address of your ADC environment in the ‘Server’ box. It will default to Port 10000.
- At the ‘Type’ box select ‘SparkThriftServer’ from the drop down menu.
- Set the ‘Authentication’ box accordingly. If unsure here, suggest the default of ‘Username’
- Enter an appropriate ‘Username’ and click on the ‘Sign in’ button.
- The main ‘Connections’ screen should now be visible, and a valid connection to your Data evident from the ‘Connections’ box.
- Click the dropdown symbol on the ‘Schema’ box, select the small search magnifying glass icon, to select an appropriate schema. If no specific schema is required, choose the default Schema.
- In the ‘Table’ search box, select the magnifying glass icon once again to begin the search for your tables.
- Drag appropriate tables over to the right hand panel, and continue your investigation and analysis in the normal way.