This document describes the process of generating a license request file for provision of a new license.
During Initial Installation
If you do not already have a license, a license request can be generated during setup as part of the setup process. The information below pertains only to license request generation.
- On the 'Select License Option' screen, select 'Enterprise Edition (Purchased License)'.
- Choose 'Use a License File'.
- Download the license request file.
- Choose 'Back'.
- Choose 'Enterprise Edition (30 Days Trial)'.
- Choose 'Next' to complete the setup process.
- The license request file can then be sent to email@example.com.
Using the Web Interface
Once you have completed the appliance setup process, log in to the web interface. choose the 'License' tab, and follow the on-screen instructions to download the XML file.
Submitting the License File
Once you have downloaded the XML file, log in to the Support Portal (https://support.geminidata.com), open a new case, and upload the file. A license file will be returned to you within 72 hours.
Applying the License File
For information about applying the license file, please see Applying a License File.